Today I posted a teaser on the XBMC forums. This was done by the heart, not the brain. Today Gimli and I received a lengthly email from Allwinner, with apologies and explainations. We both accepted their apologies, but some fact are needed.
- Do I want a native linux XBMC port : Hell yeah
- Did Allwinner apologised : Yes
- Did we accepted it : Yes
Now, like I said before the teaser was posted with the heart and I kind of shot myself in the foot. Everybody wants / expects / thinks we are back on track, but …
- Did we received any new files from Allwinner : No
- If so, is the trust relationship repaired : No
- Do I want to continue this project like this : I REALLY NEED TO THINK ABOUT IT
So in short. Yes we received apologies, yes we accepted them, no we are not back on track, it is unsure if me and / or gimli ever will.
I thought it should only be fair to be transparent about it and is is only fair to Allwinner to put it out in the open to kind of stop the negative spiral we were in.