After 3 weeks of holidays and a lot of work packing again yesterday, I have finally arrived back home again. Am just reading throught the last messages and saw FINALLY Allwinner took some action on the email. And what an action is appeared to be!
Many of you might already have heard / read about it.
- Weng jun Hong, contacted us at the 20th of July after our combined email efforts
- It took them up to the 30th to “internally discuss” the topic.
- At that same date, xiaochuan chan (the Allwinner software engineer) got introduced. Gimli once more pointed out the flaws of the current LibVE.
- It became quite. Gimli tried to keep the discussion going by touching some technical issues on the 4th.
- No response; Gimli pinged again on the 13th
- I emailed, stating it is very rude to ignore people. A oneliner with “no news” is enough.
- The 14th Eva and Weng did the promise we would received a new and updated LibVE end of the day.
- After three tomorrow promises we then finally received some files.
- After request; No changelog could be provided (ping)
And now it comes! Allwinner lied, tried to fool us or whatever. They might have thought Gimli is just some amature guy or something!
- The files we received are the EXACT same as we have received earlier.
- When Gimli stated the dates on the files where from May, they lied again, saying the date / time oin the build server was wrong
- Md5 checksums of both archives show the exact same string !!!
Now I can’t speak for Gimli as I have not yet personally spoke with him as of yet, but for me it is over. I really can’t stand lying people and therefor withdraw my hand of any cooperation with Allwinner.
There are already efforts of reverse engineer the VPU instructions. I will hope for that to materialise anytime soon. A second note; Don’t get your hopes up for omenmax support from Allwinner anytime soon as the Xiaocuan asked for Gimliś help about openmax at the very first email contact already.
For me this about the last update about running a native linux/xbmc port on the Allwinner devices.
I am very sorry guys, but Allwinner just Killed this project.
So let’s focus on other nice things todo with your device. If you want a nice STB like android experience I really advise you to have a look at the Pivos / Sumvision boxes utilizing the Amlogic chipset.