Perhaps it is about time to give a little update on this project as well. Not that I really kicked it off, but there are some related developments behind the curtain that do relate to this project as well. Recently I gave an update about the MycroftOS project where I stated that I moved away from a “normal” Buildroot fork into a Buildroot-External folder structure. Now how does this relate to this hacking project? Actually very simple. The new structure is EXACTLY the same as how HassOS has done it. If you have a look at the github page of MycroftOS and the gitgub page of HassOS you will see what I mean.
This allowed me to learn how HassOS has done things while it also gave me a jump start in how to do the MycroftOS project properly. Of course I gave credits to the guys of Home Assistant, however I have learned this is the new way of how to work on Buildroot if you have for instance proprietary software.
So again, not one line of code written for this project, however now fully understands how HassOS implemented things, so by the time a Athom Homey lands on my desk it is just a matter of adding the board structure for the Homey. I will do this as proper Pull Request to the HassOS repository so that by the time it all works it can be pulled into HassOS itself and updates to it will follow the Home Assistant updates for the other devices.
Secondly, I will add the Athom Homey as device for the MycroftOS project, for the people that do not really want to use the Homey for home automation anymore and instead use it as a nice Personal A.I. Assistant. 🙂