Holy crap ! The last blog post here is already more than half a year old … Time flies, when you are… No hang on, that was not having fun. Just rather busy with the day time job. Family life, and more of those excuses. Oh well. Found some time, to send a “I am still alive” message. And on a more positive note: are picking up the development again, although piece for piece.
Here is a quick update of the development that has been done the last weeks.
As you can see at Github, development has been picked up again although slowly at the 2nd of September.
Here by a quick summary of the stuff being done, not in particular order;
- Updated the Buildroot system to 2019.05.x (will be updated to 2019.08.x soon)
- Updated the kernel to the latest 4.19.x
- Updated all drivers and firmwares to the latest versions
- Updated Mycroft to the latest 19.08.2
- Ficed a lot of open issues (https://github.com/j1nx/MycroftOS/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed)
Keep an eye out, because I would like to release a new alpha (or perhaps first beta) version of MycroftOS. Depends a bit on the wifi setup system. My onboard wifi chip is failing. Took me ages to figure that out.
With perhaps the Buildroot 2019.08.x bump, the next version will also support the RPI4. Most likely need to buy a new PI, so why not directly switch to the RPI4?!? But we will see. Still need to sopprt the RPI3b(+) as well.